Friday, May 23, 2014

Rafflesia arnoldii


In my posting today, I would like to explain about the Rafflesia arnoldii. This flower is very popular in the world, especially in the society of Indonesian. Rafflesia arnoldii is one of the three national flowers in Indonesia. It was officially recognized as a national “rare flower”. The flower of Rafflesia arnoldii grows to a diameter of around one meter and weighs up to 11 kilograms. It lives as a parasite on the Tetrastigma vine, which grows only in primary rainforests. Rafflesia lacks any observable leaves, stem or even roots, yet is still considered a vascular plant. This plant produces no leaves, stem or roots and does not have chlorophyll. Rafflesia arnoldii is rare and fairly hard to locate. It is endemic to the rainforests of Borneo and Sumatra. That's all my explanation about Rafflesia arnoldii, I hope this posting will be usefull for the readers and I will explain about other flower in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment